Sunday, January 08, 2012

Fat, Sick & Nearly Fingerless

Well it's that time of year again, you know what I'm talking about. It's time to make promises to yourself about eating healthy and losing weight that will last about 4 days until you decide to just say fuck it and drive to Wendy's for a triple cheeseburger a New Year's Resolution.

I wasn't even going to make my usual resolution until I came across a documentary called "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" (an inspiring tale of healing and human connection. Part road trip, part self-help manifesto) and dammit, it motivated me.

So i went shopping.



and bought a bunch of fruits and veggies.



and a juicer.



and i juiced.



Then I noticed the wall and realized that I'd forgotten to attach the pulp catcher thingie.

Of course I did.

So I texted a pic of the wall to my friend Chaney and wrote, "oops...user error. i'm lucky i still have my fingers the way i follow instructions."

She replied, "fat sick & nearly fingerless."


Wish me luck.
Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Mom L said...

OMG! Hilarious! Of course, if you juiced meat instead, Banjo would clean up the mess for you! Just make sure all the dangerous parts are firmly attached!!!

Mom L said...

And your new banner is - another word for hilarious?

BB said...

Dear me - that is funny! And totally something I would do...

Good luck with the resolution... the best motivation is feeling fitter. (Must try it myself!)
:-)
BB

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. thank gad you can still finger slide. prece.

DebH said...

Oh crap..I just did the pig snort at that photo! You crack me up!