Sunday, February 06, 2011

For The Birds

For the record, I had extremely high hopes for today's entry.
Last week I was having one of those days where nothing seemed to be going right. Shocker. So Henry and I headed to the beach because the ocean always seems to make things right again.
Anyway, as we were playing in the sand I glanced over at our tote bag and thought it could make for a really uplifting post....



I was going to find some beautiful quote or poem about HOPE, and it was gonna be all happy and gushy and inspiring and leave you with a big smile on your face and a sweet song in your heart. I even thought that maybe, just maybe, the little bird watching us was some good omen or something.



Really, these are the things that go through my mind.

But then that sweet little bird flapped his wings, flew through the air, landed on the edge of the tote, looked right at me........... and took a dump.
I couldn't make that up if I tried.



It was just so perfect for the day I was having that I decided to go ahead and ditch the whole beautiful poem plan- and write a little Haiku instead:

bird sits patiently
waiting for perfect moment
to shit on di's HOPE

And the lesson for the day:
"Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue."
-Dilbert

5 comments:

Mom L said...

I'm not just smiling, I'm outright laughing!!! What an example for Henry!!!

Love you ♥♥♥♥

Unknown said...

THAT is perfect!! and friggin' hilarious and sounds like my life, too, on certain days!! Well, shit Di, don't give up HOPE!!

Unknown said...

bahahahahaha...
you are looking at this ALL wrong! That little bird thought to himself "im gonna give di something to blog about!"

lifeshighway said...

ah ah ah.... the best haiku I have ever read.

Thank you for the dramatic arrows, I would hate to miss the opportunity to actually see bird poop.

Prairie Painter said...

Good! Perfect! Riot! True words of wisdom!